Key Benefits of EmeraldSpark’s 401(k) Services:
- Advice provided under the fiduciary standard
- A concise menu of carefully researched and selected funds
- Three managed models plan participants can choose from to make it simple
- Annual on-site workshops with your employees
- Elegant online interface for employers and plan participants to access their accounts
- A competitive and straightforward cost structure designed for small businesses
- Up to $500 in annual tax credits for the first three years for new plans (consult a tax professional for details)
401(k) plans are a great way to attract and retain talent for business owners. Unfortunately, large financial institutions offering plan services often charge small to mid-size businesses too much in fees, or refuse to do business with them altogether. Worse yet, many of them operate under the suitability standard, meaning they don’t have to put their clients’ interest first. EmeraldSpark operates under the fiduciary standard and has partnered with Ubiquity to provide businesses with a 401(k) plan that is simple to set up and easy to use, with straightforward and low costs.
Research has shown the more fund options offered in a 401k plan, the lower the participation rate. It is the paradox of choice — when there are too many options some people decide not to choose at all. It has also been found that plan participants often engage in “1/n diversification”, which means instead of properly evaluating the options available they simply split their contributions evenly across all funds. This means there can be unintended consequences based on the mix of funds offered on the menu.
We provide our 401k clients with a concise list of carefully selected funds designed with these and other behavioral patterns in mind, as well as the option to select a managed model at no additional cost to make things as simple as possible. Our fees for the investment side of the puzzle are just 0.25% of total plan assets. We partner with our preferred third-party administrator (TPA) to provide everything your company needs to offer your employees this competitive benefit (additional fees apply for plan administration).
If you would like to schedule a consultation please email email@example.com.